Can I add a custom property to a Tempo account?

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2020

My accounting department has asked to me provide an account number along with the name in our time logs. I was planning on using the Key field of the account setup, but we don't always have the number available at the time we set up the account in Tempo - teams need to start logging time before the number is created in another system. Since the key field cannot be edited once the account is created in Tempo, how can I accomplish this? Including the number in the account name is not an option; we do not want it to be visible in the Account field on tickets, only in the logs when they are exported to our accounting system.

1 answer

0 votes
Mike Hogan May 15, 2020

Hi Esther,

I recommend having a look at Tempo's work attributes. They can be set up to capture custom data on the worklog level. I hope this helps!

Regards,

Mike

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2020

Thanks, but I'm already aware of that and it won't work. Work attributes have to be entered by the person logging time every time they log time. We do not want that, as our users do not have access to these account numbers. We need something that lives at the Account level.

Mike Hogan May 19, 2020

In that case, you could possibly use one of the properties that come along with Tempo Accounts. Along with the Account name, there is also an Account Category, Category type and Customer that can be associated with any one Account. Depending on your set-up, you could possibly use the Customer property to add an Account number. Permissions can be configured so that users cannot see this information.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events