Calling tests with multiple iterations

Jennifer Rahlmann April 13, 2022

I am looking for a way to include a called test with multiple parameter iterations in my test plan and have it as one list of steps at execution. 

For example:

1. Open webpage
  2. Log on to system
  3. Call "Check mobile view" test
    1. iteration one: iphone se
      1. step a
      2. stepb
      3. step c
    2. iteration two: iphone 12
      1. step a
      2. stepb
      3. step c
    3. iteration three: samsung galaxy
      1. step a
      2. stepb
      3. step c
  4. log off system

I want to be able to just go down my test steps at execution time and not have to move screens. Is this possible?

1 answer

0 votes
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2022

Hi @Jennifer Rahlmann and welcome to the community,

As far as I know the feature that enables this is called „parametrized tests“. Unfortunately I haven‘t been  able to access xray documentation aince days. Hope this is only affecting me and you are able to read about this feature. In case you find ressources regarding „parametrized tests“ please let me know if this solves your problem/answers your question.

Best

Stefan

Jennifer Rahlmann April 14, 2022

Thank you for responding. I am currently using this feature however, when I go to run the execution the steps and multiple iterations from the called test are on a separate page. I would prefer to have just 1 comprehensive list of steps to pass/fail. Is this possible? 

Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2022

I don´t have access to a server environment. Could you please provide screenshots of how this looks like?

In cloud that looks like a list - iterations are expanded within one screen:

image.png

Would that fullfill your requirement? 

Best
Stefan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events