Calculating time spent automatically on an issue

a.sahin01 July 3, 2020

Hi.

Is it possible to calculate Time Spent automatically by taking the sum logged times of all the  sub tasks?

For example. if A is Epic which is a main task and A1 and A2 its subtasks. When I log work 2 hours in Time Spent field for A1 and another 2 hours for A2. In that case, I would like see the time spent as the sum of A1 and A2 which is 4 in the level of A.

Regards,

Armagan

2 answers

0 votes
Kirill Medvednykov September 24, 2020

Hi

I am developing a plugin for our company, it generates time reports. Seems this plugin will help you. It exactly does what you need, calculating time by users and sprints, but my app does it for every type of issue but not for Epic. If you are interested in this plugin I can share it with you. I made small site, to explain how it works https://simplereport.technology

0 votes
David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 3, 2020

You can't do this out-of-the-box with Jira, but if you're on Jira Server or Data Center, you can use a third-party app such as JMCF or ScriptRunner to create a calculated field that will show the sum of time spent on the child issues of an Epic.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events