Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Calculate sum of values selected in a checkbox field on another field

I have a custom field of type checkbox, each option in the field has a value to it. I want to calculate the total count based on the values selected on another field.

Eg:

Custom Field Name: Languages (Type: checkbox)

Custom Field Values: JAVA, Python, Groovy, Ruby

As per our process each language has a value say JAVA - 2, Python - 3, Groovy - 1 , Ruby - 4

If JAVA & Groovy are checked by the user then have another custom field "Total Value (type: numeric)", then value in this field should be 3

Is there a method to do this ?

1 answer

0 votes

Hi,

are you on Jira Server/Data Center or Cloud? On Server/DC, you can use a third-party app such as JMCF or ScriptRunner to create a calculated field whose value will be calculated by a simple formula.

David

Hi David,

I'm on JIRA DC, we have Script runner plugin installed but aren't able to come with the script to calculate the desired output.

Regards

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with ScriptRunner, I could only help you with JMCF, which uses a simplified API.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍻🍂Apptoberfest Update: Upcoming Virtual Events 🎉

Hello Community! I hope you've been enjoying the 🍂Apptoberfestivities🍂 (I know I have!) The event is heating up next week with a series of virtual events that we're calling the 🍻🍂Partner App ...

717 views 7 24
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you