Bunch of Issues not consolidated in 1 email per day and user

Marc Dahinden July 8, 2022

Hi

want to consolidate email notifications for cutover tasks into one email per day and user instead of one notification per issue to the user (this can cause a flood of emails...).
Objective is to generate 1 email notification (or teams message) per user and day with all issues.

I tried to make my requirement happen within project automation in the project settings. I was able to select the number of issues with JQL and schedule when the email should be sent out. But I do not know how to consolidate all issues in one email and send it to the user once a day at 08:00 am. 

I found a blog entry where there is descripted that we should use the component "lookup issues" after a trigger (time) in project automation. Unfortunately "Lookup Issues" is not available on JIRA server version.

We run our JIRA on our own server.

Users are currently complaining that they receive too many emails from JIRA

Is there another way to fulfill my requirement on a JIRA server installation?

Thanks, Marc

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nataliya Vasyliv_Reliex_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 8, 2022

Hi @Marc Dahinden

Welcome to a Community!

If you consider to use a plugin you can look at Email Notifications Digest.

You can configure many settings there including at what time do you want to receive the email. 

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2022

Hey Marc,

Have you tried doing just a filter and setting up a Subscription to send the results of the email once a day? 

Hi John
Yes I worked w/ the subscription after reading the content behind the link you sent me. It fulfills mainly my requirement.

BUT: I also like to include a text in the email which explains the email recepient why he receives the email and what activities he should perform. 

Is there a possibility?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2022

Gotcha. Yes, you should vote for and follow the request to add to Server if you have not already: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JIRAAUTOSERVER-53

Here is another possibility. I don't use server, so not sure if it would fit your needs or not. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/automation/bulk-handling-of-issues-993924653.html

Last hint fulfills my requirement. Thanks so much, John.
I get all issues now once per day and user in one email.

Maybe you should post our conversation in in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JIRAAUTOSERVER-53

Like John Funk likes this
Boris Berenberg - Modus Create July 8, 2022

You could also use an app like our Notification Assistant for Jira where you would set up a daily scheduled notification, with a template that contains a text box that says whatever your users need to know.

Like Marc Dahinden likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 9, 2022

@Marc Dahinden  - Got it posted. If this answered your question (as much as it could) would you might clicking on the Accept answer button above to close this one out? Thanks!

Like Marc Dahinden likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events