Bulk Change (Transition of Status) negatively affected Control Chart Gadget's data

Gertrūda Verikaitė December 23, 2020

BACKGROUND: Several of Control Chart Gadgets were calculating issues' life cycle data depending on certain statuses, i.e. "Ready for Prod". 

PROBLEM: We made an additional bulk change that transitioned many issues once more through the "Ready for Prod" status. Hence, now many issues have duplicated transitions to the same status and data in the gadgets are negatively affected, lifecycle is way too long because Time in status added up additional time range. 

IDEAS to solve:

- undo a bulk change (as I know we dont have such function in JIRA)? 

- delete a record from history (is there a way to do so?) i.e. delete the duplicated Time in status? 

- maybe we can setup the control chart gadget in any way so it would exclude hourly range when the duplicated status was made? 

1 answer

0 votes
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 23, 2020

Hi @Gertrūda Verikaitė 

You can consider Time Between Statuses app. It lets you set different statuses for the time counter`s start and stop. Additionally, this tool lets you set extra conditions for timer triggers such as first/дфіе transition to/from status.

Hope this function will help you calculate cycle and lead data in the way you need.

Regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events