Bug? with script runner after upgrading to jira 6.3.6

OdedP October 2, 2014

Hi, 

I'm using "Fast track an issue" built in script from script runner to automatically transition issues. 

After upgrading to JIRA 6.3.6, I'm getting the following error whenever the transition is "hidden" ( Using "Hide Transition" condition from "JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions" 

"Error Messages: [It seems that you have tried to perform a workflow operation (Setup Cloned Fields) that is not valid for the current state of this issue (IC-25857). The likely cause is that somebody has changed the issue recently, please look at the issue history for details.] " 

It worked perfectly before the upgrade. 

Any idea how can I solve this issue as it really affecting my users. 

3 answers

1 vote
David _old account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2014

I believe this is https://innovalog.atlassian.net/browse/JMWE-255, which is fixed in the upcoming 3.5.2 version. A SNAPSHOT version is attached to the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2014

thanks David.

1 vote
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 5, 2014

I think this is a bug with JMWE... maybe @David [Innovalog] can help.

After quite a lot of looking at this, I see that the condition examines the current stack and fails if called from AbstractWorkflow.getAvailableActions.

However issueService.validateTransition eventually calls this function:

at com.atlassian.jira.workflow.IssueWorkflowManagerImpl.getAvailableActionIds(IssueWorkflowManagerImpl.java:186)
	  at com.atlassian.jira.workflow.IssueWorkflowManagerImpl.isValidAction(IssueWorkflowManagerImpl.java:173)
	  at com.atlassian.jira.bc.issue.DefaultIssueService.validateTransition(DefaultIssueService.java:424)
	  at com.atlassian.jira.bc.issue.DefaultIssueService.validateTransition(DefaultIssueService.java:386)

So I am not going to do anything to work around this...

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 2, 2014

Upgraded from what version? We've discussed this before here, I don't think it's a bug, and am a bit reluctant to override the security. It's not really that the action is hidden, it's that the conditions don't pass, so it's not a valid transition. But if it's affecting multiple people we can work out a way to get round this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events