It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Bug? with script runner after upgrading to jira 6.3.6

Hi, 

I'm using "Fast track an issue" built in script from script runner to automatically transition issues. 

After upgrading to JIRA 6.3.6, I'm getting the following error whenever the transition is "hidden" ( Using "Hide Transition" condition from "JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions" 

"Error Messages: [It seems that you have tried to perform a workflow operation (Setup Cloned Fields) that is not valid for the current state of this issue (IC-25857). The likely cause is that somebody has changed the issue recently, please look at the issue history for details.] " 

It worked perfectly before the upgrade. 

Any idea how can I solve this issue as it really affecting my users. 

3 answers

I think this is a bug with JMWE... maybe @David [Innovalog] can help.

After quite a lot of looking at this, I see that the condition examines the current stack and fails if called from AbstractWorkflow.getAvailableActions.

However issueService.validateTransition eventually calls this function:

at com.atlassian.jira.workflow.IssueWorkflowManagerImpl.getAvailableActionIds(IssueWorkflowManagerImpl.java:186)
	  at com.atlassian.jira.workflow.IssueWorkflowManagerImpl.isValidAction(IssueWorkflowManagerImpl.java:173)
	  at com.atlassian.jira.bc.issue.DefaultIssueService.validateTransition(DefaultIssueService.java:424)
	  at com.atlassian.jira.bc.issue.DefaultIssueService.validateTransition(DefaultIssueService.java:386)

So I am not going to do anything to work around this...

I believe this is https://innovalog.atlassian.net/browse/JMWE-255, which is fixed in the upcoming 3.5.2 version. A SNAPSHOT version is attached to the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

thanks David.

Upgraded from what version? We've discussed this before here, I don't think it's a bug, and am a bit reluctant to override the security. It's not really that the action is hidden, it's that the conditions don't pass, so it's not a valid transition. But if it's affecting multiple people we can work out a way to get round this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Expose your beautifully crafted Dashboard through the Jira Service Desk Customer Portal

A picture is worth a thousand words, especially when you're trying to find relationships and understand your data. Here, Dashboards play a vital role in gaining insights from a variety of dat...

328 views 5 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you