Bug created from test execution only shows steps until the failed step.

Ansa Tyagi January 14, 2021

HI,

I created a Bug from the test execution record of a test case. In the bug, it only shows steps until the failed step and not all the steps of the test case. Can that be changed to see all the steps of the test case or test execution?

2 answers

0 votes
Rawan Bardini
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2021

Hi Ansa,

Sounds like you are using Xray in this scenario (although can you confirm per Stephen's question).

I think this is intended behavior of Xray, to report the steps up until the failure (as the steps after could not be executed due to the failed step). If someone needed to see the additional steps they could easily open the test to reference them, although again I assume they are not being included because the Bug is focusing on the steps to reproduce up to hitting that failure.

I would recommend submitting a ticket on the Xpand IT Product Support Service Desk/Help Center. This will direct your feedback directly to the Xpand IT team and they can give you a better response, and can confirm if this is on their roadmap enhancement list or not.

Hope that helps. Thanks!

Rawan

0 votes
Stephen Crandell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2021

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events