Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Bug created from test execution only shows steps until the failed step.

HI,

I created a Bug from the test execution record of a test case. In the bug, it only shows steps until the failed step and not all the steps of the test case. Can that be changed to see all the steps of the test case or test execution?

2 answers

Hi Ansa,

Sounds like you are using Xray in this scenario (although can you confirm per Stephen's question).

I think this is intended behavior of Xray, to report the steps up until the failure (as the steps after could not be executed due to the failed step). If someone needed to see the additional steps they could easily open the test to reference them, although again I assume they are not being included because the Bug is focusing on the steps to reproduce up to hitting that failure.

I would recommend submitting a ticket on the Xpand IT Product Support Service Desk/Help Center. This will direct your feedback directly to the Xpand IT team and they can give you a better response, and can confirm if this is on their roadmap enhancement list or not.

Hope that helps. Thanks!

Rawan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍻🍂Apptoberfest Update: Upcoming Virtual Events 🎉

Hello Community! I hope you've been enjoying the 🍂Apptoberfestivities🍂 (I know I have!) The event is heating up next week with a series of virtual events that we're calling the 🍻🍂Partner App ...

349 views 3 14
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you