Branch rule working on wrong issues

Ipsen Logistics June 14, 2020

I have an issue adress where some approvals are attached via related link. The trigger is when the adress issue is transitioned.

In that case my rule looks for related linked issues with a certain label and status. What is going wrong is that another issue not attached via related issue link gets affected and I do not know why. Please see screenshot where SD-11018 does not have a link to the trigger issue but gets also transitioned in the rule.

Log.PNG

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance & best regards

AK

3 answers

0 votes
Ipsen Logistics June 15, 2020

Hello John,

of course! Here you are:

Rule_overview.png

As you may see: Only Related Issues with a certain label should be affected ...

Where is my error?

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2020

Hi @Ipsen Logistics ,

Can you also share a screenshot of the actual rule?

Ipsen Logistics June 16, 2020

Posted it beneath. Please apologise for the confusion.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2020

Why don't you use a Branch rule for Linked Issues instead of JQL?

Ipsen Logistics June 17, 2020

The task is to transition the approvals one by one/in a predifined order. So first related issues with label genehmigung_nl or genehmigung_de and after these gets approved the next ones.

So here I need to trasition a subset of the related issues - which in most cases works fine but not in the mentioned example: The query matches but the issue is not a related issue.

Hope the explains my requeriments ...!?

Ipsen Logistics June 17, 2020

May be I am not understanding the IF-clause correctly: I assume that my condition only matches related issues (of the actual adress) AND the query - so approvals with label genehmigung_de or genehmigung_nl

...?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 14, 2020

Could you show us where SD-11019 was not matching the rule?

Hello,

could you explain? What can I show you? I posted the screenshot where the issue matched and the wrong related issue got transitioned.

What do you mean by: where SD-11019 was not matching?

Thanks & best regards

AK

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 15, 2020

You need to look at why the issue is being missed.  What part of it is causing the rule not to match it?  That's why I asked to look at the issue - you'll need to look at why the data is excluding it.

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

It is not that the condition misses the issue. The issue which gets transitioned does not belong to the adress issue (is not related to).

Adress is SD-11019

Related issues are: SD-11020, SD-11021, SD-11022

SD-11018 is an approval related to another adress issue which is SD-11015

Makes sense?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events