Box.com Link functionality with Ink filepicker plugin in JIRA

abhishek mittal June 3, 2014

I ’m looking after the rollout of Atlassian to our company as a whole and we want to tie in box.comvery closely using the INK filepicker for JIRA and Confluence. As a large enterprise, we scrutinize security very closely and I would like to understand a bit more how you handle shared links to box.com.

I would like to validate our understanding of your products' behavior:

For instance, we've setup shared links so that by default a "company-only" shared link is created (versus an open shared link). Presumably, when a shared link is created through the INK Filepicker plugin for JIRA, it's a default (company-only) shared link. Is this correct?

So, we assume that the INK Filepicker for JIRA is using the default company setting as opposed to creating an open and unauthenticated shared link.

I would be great if you could react to these assumptions/questions above and validate them (or else point me to the details on how you handle it differently).

This understanding is essential for us to use INK filepicker successfully in conjuction with Atlassian and box.comin our ecosystem.

Thanks

abhishek mittal

3 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 8, 2014

Hi @abhishek mittal

As far as I know - the links are with a CDN-based copy of your Box file, vs direct to Box - so as a separate pipe - well, it is a separate pipe/link.

Indeed I agree with you that you want a pipe directly from Box in the large corporate scenario/use case that you describe.

The most advanced solutions on the market for Box to Atlassian integrations - that have been built to scale (i.e., load-tested in Box labs) and with security in mind, foremost, were built initially years ago, directly with Box by AppFusions, and I suggest you try these.

Their feature sets, in short, include previewing, cascading folder lists displays, embeding files in Confluence pages, editing files from Box, searching Box files from Confluence, linking Box files to JIRA issues, etc. The are up to date with Box's latest V2 APIs. Click on the links above for more info!

We continue to feature add to these plugins however - and in fact will have a new version of the JIRA plugin due out next week.

Get an eval at info@appfusions.com .. also references or if any further questions.

Kind regards,

David.

p.s.

BTW - I can see the CDN use case, and AppFusions is coming out with something soon to support this use case.

The use case is more for convenient access from multiple repos - which is very different than the use case that the above plugins are supporting (which is secure direct links to the source files, always).

abhishek mittal July 15, 2014

Thanks David for your response. that helps.

0 votes
Ellen Feaheny (AppFusions) July 24, 2014

Here's the "FileTrust™ Connect for Atlassian Confluence - Fully Integrated File Upload Manager" promo video (what David was alluding to in his PS). This is available July 29, 2014. info@appfusions.com

http://youtu.be/t3xPypnWhDc

The JIRA version will also be out next wk. Similar, different product.

0 votes
abhishek mittal July 7, 2014

We are planning to roll INK plugin in our JIRA environment. It would be great If someone from the INK company can respond to this urgently.

Thanks

Abhishek Mittal

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events