Block Time tracking when an issue is in specific state

siva September 9, 2019

How do i stop time tracking on an issue when a ticket is in a specific status.

START  ------->IN PROGRSS---------->IN DEV [ 1 hr ] ---------->  DONE 

[ total time = 5hrs]

when the issue state is in IN DEV  i need the time not to be logged.

so the total time time would be 4 HRS.

Thanks

2 answers

1 vote
Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 12, 2019

Hi @siva ,

This is exactly what you can achieve with "automated mode" of Clockwork app delivered by my colleagues. It can be set to track time automatically only for "In Progress" status. 

I'm not sure about restricting the "log work" action that comes from Jira though. I hope the Clockwork team can shed more light on this so feel free to contact them at https://herocoders.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1

Cheers,
Jack

1 vote
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2019

Hi Siva,

Thank you for your question.

I can confirm that unfortanetly it is not possible to prevent data from being edited into the time tracking fields using *ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud*, as the plugin is unable to perform any dynamic validation on issue forms to link or hide fields like the server version can with the Behaviors feature.

The reason we are unable to provide this functionality is due to the restricted functionality and API's which Atlassian provide inside JIRA Cloud, due to the fact that Atlassian only provide a Rest API in Jira Cloud and not the same Java API that the server version contains.

You can see more detailed information on the differences between ScriptRunner for JIRA Cloud and ScriptRunner for JIRA Server inside of the documentation page located here.

If this response has answered your question can you please mark it as accepted so that other users can see it is correct when searching for similar answers.

Regards,

Kristian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events