BigPicture sample data problem

Jeremiah Jones December 21, 2015
Hi,
we're evaluating currently BigPicture and it's hard doing it on our real data. That's why I tried to create a program with sample data.
Unfortunately, I got the following error:
{"type":"ERROR","code":"conflict","description":"Can not create sample data
 because current field configuration that is used for creating issues 
named 'Default Field Configuration' has required field named 
'Budget'. For sample data
 creation, please map in your global plugin administration, field scheme
 that has only: summary, reporter and issue type fields required"}
Googleing the error did return any meaningful results. Any hints, how I can work around this issue?

1 answer

0 votes
Matthew Jagiello
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2015

Due to technical reasons, sample data mechanism requires you to have a specific configuration of fields in your default issue field scheme - namely no others than summary, reporter and issue type marked as required.

Now, I believe you did not set other fields as required just for the heck of it and that it had some kind of purpose you'd like to retain. Fear not - what you need to do is any of the following (3 possible fixes total):

1.  Go to JIRA administation, Add Ons, and Program configuration right under BigPicture (left-hand side). Change the Field Scheme (you may need to create one first if you have not done so in the past - in this case, ensure only the 3 fields are marked as required).

2.  Either mark the field "Budget " as not required, create as many Sample Programs as you wish, and then mark this field as required again. This will not affect your JIRA tasks or projects, and the Sample Programs will be working, you will just not be able to create new ones.

3. Or, for a more complex solution, create a separate field scheme and map your JIRA projects to it, then disable the "Budget " field in the default one.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events