BigPicture export/import

Norbert June 23, 2021

Hi everybody,

I shall export/import a Jira instance from a windows server to a Linux server. Which worked. In the meantime customer upgraded BigPicture to version 8.0.25 and now I get a syntax during importing a newly created backup file error on this command:

CREATE TABLE public."AO_0456E7_T_CORE_FIELD_VAL" (
"CREATE_DATE" TIMESTAMP,
"TASK_FIELD_DEF_ID" INTEGER,
"TASK_ID" INTEGER,
"TECH_UNIQUENESS" VARCHAR(255),
"UPDATE_DATE" TIMESTAMP,
"VALUE" VARCHAR(450),
)'

Which is an BigPicture table and obviously is the comma after the last field definition one too much.

Has anyone seen this already and was able to solve ? Probaby I've to go into entities.xml ?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Adam _SoftwarePlant_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 24, 2021

Hi @Norbert 

For problems like this, it would be best if you create a ticket to our Support Team so that we can investigate it further since it probably will require some investigation from our DEV teams. Please use the below link to create a ticket and we will be more than happy to help you with solving it!

- Support Portal

Regards,

Adam

Norbert June 24, 2021

Hi @Adam _SoftwarePlant_

thx, I did so in the meantime and it was very helpful.

Norbert

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2021

Hi @Adam _SoftwarePlant_

we will probably be tasked with a similar todo in the future - to migrate from a Jira Server to a different Jira Server instance. Up to now I thought it would not be possible to export/import BigPicture data - but the thread here makes me think otherwise.

However, I was not able to identify the matching part in documentation. Could you please point me to the right direction?

The use case is to transfer/migrate all relevant projects from one instance to another (this is a well-known progress, no questions) and after that to ideally import BigPicture data so the users can continue using it alongside with all included data on the new instance right away.
Of course, we would make sure beforehand that all source and target versions are aligned.

Thanks in advance!
Regards,
Daniel

Norbert June 28, 2021

Hi @Daniel Ebers 

from my experience, if you move the whole instance from one server to another this shouldn't be a problem. If you're using on both systems the same database I would do it via database dump.

If you do it with a XML backup all data are included, also the BigData tables with content (stored in the AO_0456E7... tables)  We only had the problem with missing PK (which let abort the import) , which should be solved with version 8.1.  In the meantime there is a workaround editing the XML files.

I'm not sure if this works if you export/import single projects (I don't think so, but this I didn't test yet) .

Br Norbert

Adam _SoftwarePlant_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 28, 2021

Hi @Daniel Ebers @Daniel Ebers 

As @Norbert has already mentioned, there should not be a problem migrating your BigPicture data from one Jira Server environment to another, as long as the database is the same.  However, we do recommend doing it via database restoration rather than XML, simply due to the lower number of issues with this kind of data migration.

In case you experience any sort of issue during the process, please open a ticket to our Support Team, and we will be very happy to help you with it.

Regards,

Adam

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2021

Thanks a lot, @Norbert + @Adam _SoftwarePlant_ 

My case will be a phased approach. Some projects will be migrated. Completely different databases.

The reply clarified it for me. The case from Norbert therefore was a different one.

Thanks again!

Regards,

Daniel 

Adam _SoftwarePlant_
Marketplace Partner
June 29, 2021

You are very welcome @Daniel Ebers 

Good luck and take care!

Adam

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events