BigPicture Teams - members not the same across portfolios

Robin Raben October 19, 2020

I have to say I find the resource view by team to be extremely helpful. Unfortunately, maintaining the teams across portfolios is not working and not very intuitive. Documentation that I can find leads me to global permissions, etc. which is not what I'm looking for.

We have several portfolios and teams. As you can see below on some portfolios they indicate that the teams were inherited from the upper-level. I don't know for sure what that means, but I am unable to add team members from this portfolio so I think what that note is trying to indicate is that the team is a shared team and was not created on this portfolio.

Team,.png

When I look at the teams on a different portfolio, I have the ability to add team members, so I assume this is the global team that is shared across portfolios and if I add a team member here it will appear on all my other portfolios. So I added the new team member on this portfolio.

Team2,.pngHowever, when I go back to the first portfolio, the new team member is not showing on that team. Yet the 'NEW MEMBER' option is greyed out because this team was inherited from the upper level.

I searched through all the global settings I could find thinking maybe my 'upper level' team was defined somewhere else but can't find where that might be.

Any suggestions?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Robin Raben October 19, 2020

Ah - right after I posted, I found the global teams in the home menu for BigPicture. Answered my own question. Thank you!

team3.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events