BigPicture Resource Allocation

m_cusmai October 14, 2020

Hi all,

I am using Bigpicture to plan task and subtask with gantt.

In resource tab I have noticed that bigpicture sum the effort of an epic with the effort of its tasks.

Is it possibile to tell to bigpicture to take into account only leaves elements?

Thanks,

Matteo. 

4 answers

1 vote
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 19, 2020

Hello @m_cusmai

To display on the Resource panel Original Estimate aggregations only for epics (or other types of tasks), you can use JQL Filter. See my image as a reference. I used the JQL query to filter only epics ‘issuetype = Epic’.

image (17).pngYou can use similar JQL queries for other types of issues, e.g., ‘issue type = Task OR issue type = Story.’ Similarly, Original Estimates will aggregate values only from selected task types.

Moreover, you can create Quick Filters based on the above-mentioned JQL queries to quickly switch between epics and other issue types aggregations. Please go to Program Configuration >> Tasks >> Quick Filters >> Add new Quick Filter.

image (18).pngOnce they are created, you can add them to favorites and switch just by clicking the tab. See my image below.

image (19).png

Best regards,
Anna
SoftwarePlant Support

m_cusmai October 19, 2020

Hi Anna,

thanks a lot, I have implemented a qf like this:

type = Sub-task OR (type = Task AND issue NOT IN hasSubtasks())

It seems it gives me the right vision.

Like # people like this
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 20, 2020

Hello @m_cusmai
I am glad that you found my answer useful. If you have further questions, please let me know. 

Anna

1 vote
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
October 15, 2020

Hello,

BigGantt gives the possibility to configure columns aggregation on a parent level that best suits your reporting needs.
Depending on the data you can choose from:

• None
  • Minimum
  • Maximum
  • Sum
  • Sum without parent
  • Average
  • Average without parent
  • Children by status category
  • Children by status category %

In BigPicture 8 you can choose the aggregation type by clicking a “tool” icon next to the column name. See my image as a reference.

image (10).pngHowever, the Resource panel data are not correlated with selected aggregation type calculated in columns. The Resource View in Gantt serves as the most basic display form of Resource View of the BigPicture's Resource module.
As a rule, an effort is distributed evenly throughout the duration of a task but you can change how it is distributed in the Resources module. Please follow the articles to find more detailed information: Resources Panel

Best regards,
Anna
SoftwarePlant Support

m_cusmai October 15, 2020

Hi Anna,

thanks a lot for the response, but I haven't understood how I can solve my problem.

Is it possible to use the resource panel with tasks and epics or not? 

There are other way to have the same functionality?

Like Anna-BigPicture likes this
0 votes
m_cusmai October 14, 2020

Hi Scott,

where can I find that view creator?

I am talking about Resource Tab of BigPicture in JIra Server.

0 votes
Scott Hassell October 14, 2020

Hi,   Have you tried sum without parent option?  Sum wo parent.JPG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events