BigPicture Plugin Export Manager

Tammy Tenney August 14, 2017

I have the latest BigPicture verision 6.6.1-jira7 and didn't have some of the export functionality, so I installed BigPicture Enterprise trial.    I still cannot export anything different than what I had without Enterprise (excel task list).  See attached picture.   I don't seem to have the same functionality as shown in the BigPicture documentation: https://softwareplant.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/BP/pages/74416239/Export?product=eu.softwareplant.bigpicture&utm_source=app.   I'd like to export out the picture of my Gantt chart.  I haven't been able to figure out how to do it yet.   any help would be appreciated.

Tammy

3 answers

3 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2017

In order to export you need BigTemplate as well.

Tammy Tenney August 14, 2017

I also have BigTemplate.  I'm not getting an option to export to PDF without MS Project. 

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2017

Did you install the PhantomJS library too?

Tammy Tenney August 16, 2017

Oh, probably not.  Didn't catch that was a pre-requisite, I just downloaded and applied trial license. 

2 votes
Piotrek Romanczyk [SoftwarePlant]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 17, 2017

Hello Tammy,

Piotr of SoftwarePlant Support here. We're sorry for the late response, though, due to the bank holiday weekend we've had quite a backlog on ServiceDesk tickets and other notifications.
Getting straight to the issue though, just as Mikael mentioned, you would need a PhantomJS library pre-installed and configured in order to be able to export files via BigTemplate in the PDF format.

It's a small service that emulates the browser and lets our tool capture a virtual screen, so to say. Simply download and extract PhantomJS installation in a directory on your JIRA server. The required PhantomJS version is 2.1.1
Let's prepare your environment first. Contact you JIRA system administrator and ask them to install the following packages: which, fontconfig and any font packages available (for instance, gnu-free-fonts).
For CentOS/RHEL distributions it can be done using:
sudo yum install -y which fontconfig gnu*fonts
For Ubuntu/Debian distributions it can be done using:
sudo apt-get install -y which fontconfig gnu*fonts
Then download and extract phantomjs v2.1.1 or greater. Lastly, either add /your-extracted-path/phantomjs/bin to your PATH environment variable, either copy the file located in that folder to your system binary folder (e.g. /usr/bin or /bin).

To get more insight on new version of BigTemplate, please check our in-depth setup guide, which can be found in this SoftwarePlant Documentation Article.

If you have any additional questions regarding our export features, please drop us an e-mail to: support@softwareplant.com or open a new ServiceDesk tikcet ( https://softwareplant.com/jira/servicedesk/customer/portal/1 )

We will gladly answer any of your questions linked to our products.

Kind Regards,
Piotr of SP Support

Nirmalya Mohapatra April 17, 2020

Hi Piotr,

Thanks for your reply. I wanted to export only in excel format. What should I do? Currently I'm unable to get any format. Pls suggest. Do I need to set up any configuration for this?

Regards,

Nirmalya

1 vote
Piotrek Romanczyk [SoftwarePlant]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 17, 2017

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events