BigPicture Issue Hierarchy with duplicated "parent" issue

eva almasi October 20, 2020

Hi everybody,

I would like to display an issue with 2 "parent Epic" issues in the BigPicture Scope Hierarchy. That meens a Feature can be lineked to 2 "parents" issues.

I have created a new Link type : Split (split form/split to)

I have a Feature Issue with 2 linked issues (link type split from).

Is it possible to display these issue under both "parent Epic" issues?

Feature Issue - definition of links:

grafik.png

Under DIG-43 we can see the correct tree stucture. I would like to see the same structure under the DIG-41 Issue as well.

grafik.png

Task Structure:

grafik.png

Thanks your help!

regards,

Eva

1 answer

0 votes
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 21, 2020

Hello @eva almasi,

It is impossible to display the issue under two parents because this would cause a double display of the same issue. The Gantt chart is intended to display a coherent structure (WBS), and a task double display would disturb this process.

However, we do understand the need for visualization of uncommon situations like the one you described. Therefore we plan to introduce new functionality in the future, allowing you to multi-displaying the same task in different groups while grouping.
This solution is a compromise that will affect only the temporary structure created during grouping but will not disturb the regular Work Breakdown Structure.

You can observe the functionality development works in the feature request ticket ONE-22245. Please note that it is best to open it in the incognito tab of your browser.

Best regards,
Anna
SoftwarePlant Support

eva almasi October 21, 2020

Hi Anna,
Thanks for the quick answer. I need this function in the Scope Hierarchy. Is it in scope of this ticket (ONE-22245) as well? What is the planned release of this function?

Thx,

Eva

Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 26, 2020

Hi @eva almasi 

The feature will be implemented both in Gantt and Scope module. At the moment, we are in product Roadmap planning, and we cannot give you ETA. However, you can follow the progress status in the ONE-22245 ticket. 

Anna

Florian K February 18, 2021

Hi @Anna-BigPicture 
I have the same problem. This function would be very helpful. We have such m:n relationships with the task structure (link based) quite often. How is it decided under which issue the child issue is placed?

Like Ron Preston likes this
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
February 22, 2021

Hi @Florian K

Thank you for your feedback. Please note that you can increase the feature Customer Rank (our internal scripted field tracking the customer interest in the feature) by raising a Feature Request ticket via our Service Desk. Your email address will be linked to the feature request, and you will receive updates about the status changes.

In BigPicture/BigGantt, an issue with more than one parent is nested under a parent linked with a given issue as a first one. 

However, if you would like to display an issue under a different parent, you can add another link between child-issue & parent-issue and enable the relevant link-based structure builder in Box Configuration >> Tasks >> Task Structure at the top. 

Like Florian K likes this
Andrian Santoso May 1, 2023

@Anna-BigPicture I need this feature too, this is a very crucial capability.

I tried to raise ticket from your link but cant figure out the right link

Like Florian K likes this
sushant_gupta December 19, 2023

Feature request ticket link isn't working for me. Is there an ETA for it and/or screenshots to use the feature?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events