BigGantt – hourly based resources planning

Anne Schenk June 19, 2020

Dear community,

often some tickets are estimated less than a day. Unfortunately I am not able to reflect this in the BigGantt chart (nor the resources planning below), only full days are displayed. 

This is a big issue because it makes no sense to plan like that, when you have a lot of tasks that are estimated half a day. 

Have I overlooked some settings and I actually can adjust it somewhere?

Is it maybe not possible with BigGantt, but with BigPicture it would be?

Is it not possible at the moment but there is an open ticket I could follow? 

Is there any other app I could use for JiRA which is capable of hourly resources planning?

Thank you so much for your help!

Best, Anne

2 answers

0 votes
Stine Søndergaard September 10, 2020

Hi Anne,

We have the exact same issue - it completely skews the planning when small tasks are taken as a full day. 

Our setup included epics with small tasks connected. So we ended up removing the tasks from BigGantt and summarizing the total time on the epics. The detailed planning on individual level is then done sprint by sprint. 

Not sure you can use it, but it seems to work okay for us. (: 

/Stine

0 votes
Piotr (SoftwarePlant) June 24, 2020

Hi,

We are aware that our clients need this functionality and we already have it in our backlog.

You can check future request ticket here - https://jira.softwareplant.com/browse/ONE-6441

Please note that it is best to open it in the incognito tab of your browser. Please observe Fix Version/s field: If it contains something like: prod/bigpicture/jiraserver/2020/xx/xx/x.x.x, prod/bigpicture/jiracloud/2020/xx/xx/x.x.x it means that the fix has been implemented.

As a temporary workaround, I can propose to use the link with negative lag time in order to show two tasks on the same day if that is your case.

Best regards,
Piotr of SoftwarePlant Support Team

Stine Søndergaard September 10, 2020

How come it has been known for five years and is still now postponed a year into the future? It's quite a basic need for a task management tool!? 

Jason September 14, 2023

Still an issue yeh? Can't use this tool without hourly planning.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events