BigGantt doesn't reflect estimate duration?

Deleted user January 22, 2018

Hi,

I'm using BigGantt in JIRA Cloud. I created my backlog, put estimates against each task and created a new Program in BigGantt. It set every task to be today, and 1d in duration regardless of the Original Estimate I input.

Now, although the BigGantt does reflect start and end date both ways (ie, if I change it on the ticket it reflects on the gantt and vice versa), it doesn't reflect the original estimate at all.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

8 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user January 24, 2018

OK after speaking to the software vendor I solved this!

Check what is your current 'Task period configuration' in Settings –> Add-ons –> BigGantt –> Gantt configuration. Set Start Date to 'Original Estimate' and End Date to 'End Date' and it will calculate the period based on the estimate, and also change the estimate if you drag periods to be longer or shorter.

S April 14, 2020

Awesome - thank you Alexander. This helped a lot!

Andreas Rothe April 14, 2020

I cannot find this option anymore. In fact I am not able to find any settings of BigGantt at all. If I click on settings -> Apps -> BigGantt Technical Configuration there is only a blank screen without any notification. I am using the latest chrome browser, and BigGantt 30days-trial version. Thanks for your help.
Bildschirmfoto 2020-04-14 um 19.04.31.png

Like Anna-BigPicture likes this
S April 14, 2020

Good day Andreas, do you have the site-admin/administrator user permission in Jira? And have you tried using a different browser?

Andreas Rothe April 14, 2020

Yes also tried with firefox and same result. I am organisation and site-admin.

S April 15, 2020

Think you should contact SoftwarePlant (BigPicture's vendor), maybe they can help :)

Stine Søndergaard May 6, 2020

@Andreas_Rothe You are on the right way. It is in the Technical Configuration. 
I did however have a problem with the changed settings not saving. But after a couple of days it worked. No idea why. 

Now the Original Estimate changes if I drag the bar, but it is only reflected in the table to the left after I refresh the page. Just a heads up to others that might be confused. (: 

Andreas Rothe May 6, 2020

Yes thanks, i contacted SoftwarePlant as @S suggested. After they provided an update it works now as described. Thanks everyone!

Like # people like this
Emptyfruit June 29, 2021

Did not work for me. Values set during creation are still being reset by BigGantt, though further sync works fine.

Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 29, 2021

Hi @Emptyfruit

Could you please confirm that your instance Tasks Configuration is set up according to our documentation? Thank you.

If yes, please contact our Technical Support in order to investigate your instance individually.

0 votes
Moiz Ur Rehman June 23, 2020

Hello all, can someone help me with an issue on this. I followed the instructions and got Big gantt to reflect the estimates and due dates without realising that it would also change the estimates if the durations in the planner change. We work with estimates to get our ETCs out, and there are now not representative of the actual situation. I tried just changning the original estimate but that doesn't work either (see picture below). Please help!

Aantekening 2020-06-23 184046.png

Stine Søndergaard June 23, 2020

Hi @Moiz Ur Rehman !

My experience is that you need to change both the "original estimate" and also the "remaining time" in time tracking.

They great thing (which was quite annoying in your case) is exactly that the tasks in BigGantt is tightly connected to Jira, so that you only need to change stuff one place to have it reflect the other. (:

I hope my answer helps!

/Stine

Mateusz Sołowianiuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2020

Hi @Moiz Ur Rehman 

Would you please be able to confirm if you still face problems with your plugin? If so, please provide more details (preferably supported by screenshots) so that I am able to shed more light on your doubts. 

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Mateusz Sołowianiuk

SoftwarePlant Support

0 votes
Ericka Samuels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2018

I have had this happen.  I do not know the answer.  I also don't really understand some of the documentation around this this, 

https://wiki.softwareplant.com/display/DOCUMENTATION/Gantt+configuration#Ganttconfiguration-App'sDefault/RequiredCustomFields

maybe it has something to do with the task mode being manual rather than auto?

hopefully those awesome SoftwarePlant people will answer the question for us.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events