BigGantt: Milestones cause 1-day delay

Eric Ruider October 1, 2020

Hello,

from my point of view, a milestone in a project is a zero-day "task" which labels an important event in the project. I am migrating my project from MS project where the duration of a milestone is explicitly set to a duration of zero. If I link another task to this milestone, it starts immediately the day the milestone is reached.

However, if I define a task in BigGantt to be a milestone, it causes 1-day delays for all linked tasks (see the attached image). As if the milestone itself has a duration of one day.

Are milestones in BigGantt supposed to be designed like this? I do not see a feature in this.

milestone.png

1 answer

0 votes
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 26, 2020

@Hi @Eric Ruider 

Yes, at the moment, milestone by default is taking 1 day. However, we fully understand the validity of your request. We are constantly developing our tool, and this functionality is on our Product Roadmap.

Have a look at the feature request: ONE-21250. Please follow the ticket to be up to date with the functionality progress. Please note that it is best to open the link in the incognito tab of your browser.

Meanwhile, you can use the workaround. Please click on the link; when popup will be displayed, enter the value for “Lag time” -1. You will preserve the ASAP mode link, and a milestone will not delay other tasks in the project. See my image as a reference.
image (25).png

And here is the result:
image (26).png

Best regards,
Anna

SoftwarePlant Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events