BigGantt – How to visualize Due Dates?

Deleted user July 31, 2019

How can we visualize Due Dates in our project's BigGantt chart?

We would like to show them in each task line either as a milestone diamond or as a vertical bar (e.g. in connection with the task bar) to show clearly when an end date is scheduled after the due date.

2 answers

2 votes
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2021

@Tomasz _BigPicture_ 
[ONE-2844] Due Date is visualised in Gantt chart - SoftwarePlant Jira is open for more then 1,5 years.

will you implement this?

I would also really need such a feature

I can not add 100+ markers manually

Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 5, 2021

Hello @Alexander Pappert

Thank you for posting this question. 

We use our best efforts to constantly develop BigPicture and adjust it to our clients’ diverse needs. We are open to our users' constructive proposals, which are taken into account in plugin development planning and regularly reviewed with every PI planning.

We receive number of new feature requests, which results in the necessity to prioritize. Once a suggested feature is accepted by our Analysis Team, we go to another phase of gathering customer feedback to get the overall idea of the demand for such compatibility. This is the current status of this feature request. Unfortunately, the relatively low Customer Rank (our internal scripted field tracking the customer interest in the feature) is the reason for the lack of implementation so far.

However, when the Consumer Rank value increases (more customers will be interested in the functionality), we will schedule development works. 

I fully understand that this is not the answer you were expecting. However, I hope that you will understand our approach.

Best,
Anna of SoftwarePlant 

Like Alexander Pappert likes this
Stephane Belliveau February 5, 2021

Great timing, I needed this today... How do we upvote this request up the list?

Like Alexander Pappert likes this
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2021

create an account, log in and vote for it

Like Anna-BigPicture likes this
Stephane Belliveau February 6, 2021

Seems like I cannot create an account on jira.softwareplant.com without contacting my JIRA administrator! I'll ask around, but upvoting this just doesn't seem so simple... Do I read right that [ONE-2844] sits... at 0 votes right now? Hopefully the better description added yesterday will gather more attention...

Stephane Belliveau February 6, 2021

RE: "when the Consumer Rank value increases (more customers will be interested in the functionality), we will schedule development works.":
I noticed it was sitting at Customer Rank = 4 around the end of 2020... What customer rank does it take to schedule development work on this?

[ONE-2844] mentions:

System made changes - 2020-12-24 07:20
Customer Rank 8 --> 4

Like Anna-BigPicture likes this
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 8, 2021

Hello @Stephane Belliveau

For now, we are not offering the ability to vote/watch issues. Apologies for any inconveniences this may cause, though due to a high volume of customers, this would be impossible with the license we currently hold.

Our internal prioritizing system takes into account only the Customer Rank that at the moment is 18. If you want to add your vote, please raise a ticket via our Service Desk. Our system will increase the Customer Rank automatically. Once you are linked to the feature request, you will receive updates about the status changes.

Before every PI planning, we review feature requests and analyze those with the highest customer rank. The minimum value of Customer Rank is variable.

Regarding the feature's description - more details will appear after the feature analysis and scheduling.

Anna

1 vote
Tomasz _BigPicture_ August 2, 2019

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting SoftwarePlant Support Team.

1. I'm afraid currently plugin does not offer such a functionality, but we created feature request ticket 
    https://softwareplant.com/jira/browse/ONE-2844  (best to view it in incognito/private mode), as a workaround you could use markers.
  2. This could be done manually, but you would need to validate task position on WBS.

Kind regards,
Tomasz - SoftwarePlant Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events