Big Picture Structure View

Angus Lavin June 19, 2019

Hi. We are not really using Bigpicture but I have managed to get the plug in to work!

We are despirate to show a timeline view of the JIRA content and this is a step in the right direction. 

Can you tell me how I would show the feature down through to the story in a group? I want to be able to show the feature and in that feature there is an Initiative of A with an Epic of B and a Story of C.... Currently I cannot see that functionality. 

1 answer

0 votes
Marcin Geb _SoftwarePlant_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 28, 2020

Hello Angus

Did you mean the timeline view available in Advanced Roadmaps?

Yes, you can build the Feature > Initiative > Epic > Story hierarchy in BigPicture, based on the links available in Advanced Roadmaps. A sample configuration is shown in figure 1, and obviously you can change the order of the structure builders and enable new ones, as well as add new ones. The latter can be done in Jira administration > Issues > Issue linking.

Once the configuration has been done, the hierarchy will be available in BigPicture's Gantt charts (fig. 2), Scope and Board modules, as well as in BigPicture WBS widget in Jira issue detail view.

Fig. 1

bigpicture-structure-builders.png

Fig. 2

gantt-chart-bigpicture-feature-story.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events