Bibliographies

b.curran@auckland.ac.nz March 15, 2020

Are there any decent bibliography managers for confluence? The only two plugins I've found both have major drawbacks.

Simplecite - as best I can tell you need to add the *.bib file to every page that you want to reference something on - so if you need to update a reference, you have to go to every. single. page. that you've referenced it on and upload a new *.bib file.

The other one, the adaptavist content formatting for confluence one doesn't even reference a central *.bib file, instead you have to enter the bibtex reference into the macro each time you use it, again a nightmare to update/keep track of. 

Ideally I'd like something that you can load one or more *.bib files for each space, and then have them populate the fields when you insert the citation. One that interacts with a citation manager (zotero, mendeley, endnote, etc) so that one automatically updates the *.bib file would be grand, but is, I suspect, asking a bit much.

Ben.

2 answers

2 votes
Stella Schneider -Smateso- February 7, 2023

Hi there!

If anyone is still searching for a solution on how to manage your bibliography in Confluence here it is!

We just released our new app “Bibliography for Confluence”.

So feel free to give it a try and let us now, if you like it or what you need.

Best regards

Stella

1 vote
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2021

It's 2021and it looks like there are no other new plugins.

Regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events