Better Code Block macro PDF and Word exporting

Aleksandr Paren July 4, 2018

Hello Community. My teams very like to use Better Code macro which was installed to our Confluence Cloud, but unfortunately, when we try to export page to PDF or Word, there is nothing on the page finally? Any ideas?

bettercode.PNGbettercode2.PNGbettercode3.PNG

I try to apply CSS code, but it didn't help

div.ap-container conf-macro output-block {
font-family: ConfluenceInstalledFont !important;
}

3 answers

1 vote
Nils Bier _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2018

Hi there,

As @Mads already mentioned (thanks for that :)), our Scroll PDF Exporter supports the export of Better Code Blocks to PDF.

We're replacing the macro with a standard code block macro in the export (dealing with it like a default Code Block macro).

Feel free to try out Scroll PDF Exporter in the Atlassian Marketplace, and please reach out to us via support@k15t.com, if you have any feedback or questions.

Cheers,
Nils

Aleksandr Paren September 25, 2018

Hi, it's nice, but unfortunately my management will not approve to buy your macro only for PDF export :(

Mads September 25, 2018

You are replacing the "Better Code" Macro with the "ordinary" one? I was not aware. So, for languages not supported by the ordinary one, we loose formatting, etc, when converting to PDF?

Much better than no output, make no mistake, but annoying about the better code macro. I sort of got the impression Atlassian backed this plugin, but I guess not.

Nils Bier _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2018

Hi @Mads,

Yes, if you export a language that is not supported by the default code block macro, the code is formatted with the default formatting.

That was the best approach we could come up with on our side, as the Better Code Block macro does not recognize that it's exported. It's not 100% ideal, but as you said better than nothing.

Cheers,
Nils

1 vote
Mads September 25, 2018

Hi there. Did you find a solution? We have the same issue (today).

Aleksandr Paren September 25, 2018

I contacted with the developer and he said that he hasn't future plans to fix this issue.

Mads September 25, 2018

The developer of "Better Code Block Macro"?

Mads September 25, 2018

I installed the "Scroll PDF exporter" plugin - which I have used other places (it is excellent). My first tests worked well: The Better Code Macro worked with the Scroll PDF exporter plugin.

Maybe a solution for you too.

Thanks for helping out.

0 votes
Nar Kumar C_ - Narva Software
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 6, 2019

For anyone still facing this issue, new code macro Code Syntax Highlighter solves this problem. Code Syntax Highlighter produces static output from code block, thus it works with any kind of exports: to PDF, HTML, MS Word etc.

Give it a try https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219685

PS: I am add-on developer.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events