Based on the field value (Sub-Category -Application) auto update Custom field (Assigned Workgrop)

Vinod Rathod September 19, 2021

Hi Team,

Require any automation/workaround for "Based on the field value (Sub-Category -Application) auto update Custom field (Assigned Workgrop)"

Regards,

Vinod Rathod

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2021

Hi @Vinod Rathod and welcome to the community!

What is it exactly that you want to achieve? Jira native automation can possibly to what you are describing.

Vinod Rathod September 20, 2021

Hi Alex,

While creating Incident ticket from Customer Portal there is custom field i.e. Sub-Category - Application and once Incident ticket is created based on that auto update the filed i.e. Assigned Workgroup.

Regards,

Vinod Rathod

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2021

@Vinod Rathod you can do that by automation. E.g. if you have two agents only to which you want to assign a JSM ticket then create a rule like the following: 

• Change Description with "Sub-Category - Application"
  • On the trigger choose value change for Create and Edit issue

ifthenelse.png

Now, if you have more than 2 agents, instead of an IF/ELSE statement, I would use the issue field condition. Try that and let me know if that's what you wanted.

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_ Thanks you for your response!

Firstly, I would like to inform you we are using Jira Service Management.

I don't want to Assign the ticket to Users in the Group, but I want to Update the Assigned Workgroup filed based on the Sub-Category - Application value.

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 20, 2021

My bad!

Then replace the "Assign issue" action, with the "Edit issue" action, choose the Assigned Workgroup and place the correct value.

Thanks Ales, I will check the suggested workaround and get back to you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events