Availability for JIRA 5?

Robert_Shattock May 27, 2012

Just after an update on whether this plugin is going to be available with JIRA 5 or if there is there another plugin that replaces this one to provide the same functionality to VSS. You provide an up to date Visual Studio IDE plugin, so would be great if you did the flipside and had an up to date JIRA plugin.

3 answers

0 votes
Hervé July 26, 2012

And the first stab hurts ?

Javier Ortiz Bultron July 26, 2012

It did. It needs too much work and at the end it seems that it won't work for what I need. I would need to have it available from crucible/fisheye and to JIRA thruogh the integration.

I haven't done a plugin for any of the Atlasian tools either, so it's a steep learning curve for me and I don't have the time.

Is easier just to use a supported repo, even if I have to do the commits myself.

0 votes
Javier Ortiz Bultron July 22, 2012

Not Norman, Javier :P. Hopefully is straight forward because I need to upgrade the plug-in to JIRA 5. I'll have my first stab at it tomorrow.

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2012

The visual source safe plugin is unsupported as noted under the plugin site.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.vss

Unless someone else in the Jira Community has upgraded the plugin and wants to share their changes, you will need to do it yourself.

Javier Ortiz Bultron July 20, 2012

Since my team is trying to avoid to move to a supported repository I'll give it a try. Hopefully is not that hard to do.

Robert_Shattock July 22, 2012

Great Norman, post an update back if you manage to get it going, appreciated!

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2012

I looked at it also, but it was easier to move to a supported platform verses learning about the various integration points. (visual studio 2008, 2010, 2012. Source Safe and Jira 4.x and 5.X)

Javier Ortiz Bultron July 22, 2012

I agree. I'm managing my own quality version of the repo on SVN but is all manual. I would like to work directly from R&D repo.

I've been looking at it and seems that the plug-in doesn't integrate with Crucible/Fisheye anyway, which is what I really need.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events