Automations don't trigger if a custom event is used in the Post-Function workflow transitions

Reply Test Group December 18, 2020

Hi Atlassian group,

I have created some automations for my project that trigger the transition of a ticket status, updating fields.

The rules work perfectly, the author is 'Automation For Jira' and the project role 'atlassian-addons-project-access' is associated with each permission of the Permission Scheme (associated with the project).

I have added custom (user defined) events with 'Issue Moved' model to the notification scheme associated with the project, because I want to notify a particular group of people for a particular state transition of some tickets.

1.png

But I have the following problem:

- if in the post-functions to the transition of the workflow I use a system event (Jira defined), at the change of state the automations work perfectly, and even the notifications arrive correctly.

3.png

2.png

5.png

- on the other hand, if in the post-functions at the transition of the workflow I use a custom event (user defined), at the change of state the automations DO NOT work anymore, but the notifications arrive correctly.

4.png

6.png

7.png

I tried to change actor and flag the 'Allow rule trigger' option to the automations but nothing has changed.

I don't know where the problem is.. are there missing permissions that I'm not seeing?

Thank you for the help.

-FF-

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mark Chaimungkalanont
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 28, 2020

Hey there!

Automation for Jira rely on the specific events coming from Jira to differentiate what types of triggers can be fired. At the current time, Custom events from Jira workflows aren't emitted to other add-ons so we can't react on them

Sorry about that but you'll need to use Generic Events

Cheers,

Mark C

Reply Test Group December 29, 2020

Hi @Mark Chaimungkalanont 

even if I already imagined this could be the answer, thanks anyway.

For now I resolved with the external app Jira Misc Workflow Extensions (JMWE), with which fortunately I can trigger the sending of custom notifications and keep the automation rules respected.

Bye.

-FF-

2 votes
Reply Test Group December 21, 2020

balla.gif

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events