• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Automations don't trigger if a custom event is used in the Post-Function workflow transitions

Hi Atlassian group,

I have created some automations for my project that trigger the transition of a ticket status, updating fields.

The rules work perfectly, the author is 'Automation For Jira' and the project role 'atlassian-addons-project-access' is associated with each permission of the Permission Scheme (associated with the project).

I have added custom (user defined) events with 'Issue Moved' model to the notification scheme associated with the project, because I want to notify a particular group of people for a particular state transition of some tickets.

1.png

But I have the following problem:

- if in the post-functions to the transition of the workflow I use a system event (Jira defined), at the change of state the automations work perfectly, and even the notifications arrive correctly.

3.png

2.png

5.png

- on the other hand, if in the post-functions at the transition of the workflow I use a custom event (user defined), at the change of state the automations DO NOT work anymore, but the notifications arrive correctly.

4.png

6.png

7.png

I tried to change actor and flag the 'Allow rule trigger' option to the automations but nothing has changed.

I don't know where the problem is.. are there missing permissions that I'm not seeing?

Thank you for the help.

-FF-

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hey there!

Automation for Jira rely on the specific events coming from Jira to differentiate what types of triggers can be fired. At the current time, Custom events from Jira workflows aren't emitted to other add-ons so we can't react on them

Sorry about that but you'll need to use Generic Events

Cheers,

Mark C

Hi @Mark Chaimungkalanont 

even if I already imagined this could be the answer, thanks anyway.

For now I resolved with the external app Jira Misc Workflow Extensions (JMWE), with which fortunately I can trigger the sending of custom notifications and keep the automation rules respected.

Bye.

-FF-

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

How to log work and track time in Jira when a person is part of multiple teams

The manager’s daily activities include a list of challenges to reach high levels of efficiency for their teams. Part of these challenges is related to how to deal with the worklog systems sin...

102 views 2 1
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you