Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Automation to edit issue security based on Linked Issue

I've gone through some serious circles here... I can't wrap the logic around my head and I'm getting pretty frustrated.  

Logic: When and issue is linked from project CS as a "blocked by" in project ITS (i.e. CS-101 is blocked by ITS-202), edit ITS-202 security level to "Application Support".  Relevant (maybe): This link is taking place as part of a "Create Linked Issue"... an agent in the CS project is creating a "blocks CS-101" ticket from the CS ticket agent screen.

I've started with a global rule to include both projects.

Using trigger "When Issue Linked" Type: Blocks

then tried different conditions: Linked Issue Match (which I couldn't figure out properly at all and couldn't get it to recognize anything).  JQL conditions don't seem to fit the need.   

The related conditions page isn't quite feeding me what I need. Maybe it's because these issues aren't parent / sub-task relations?   If anyone could point me in the right direction it would keep from jumping off the balcony.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

I kept hacking at it...   I seem to be having success with the following. Posting here in case it helps someone else!

Create Rule from Global Administration.

Set the scope to multiple projects and selected the ITS and CS projects. 

its-issues-created-fromCSrule-details.png

Trigger: Issue Linked > Link Types "Blocks"

Conditions: if/else 

• issue field condition Project equals ITS
  • related issues condition project = cs
  • THEN
    • edit issue fields: Security Level

automation-link-conditions.png

John Funk Community Leader Nov 05, 2020

Hi Rosa - Glad you got this working! And thanks for posting to help future users!

Like Rosa M Fossi likes this

Thanks John.  I sometimes run into posts that have the similar question(s) I'm researching and it's so disappointing when there are no further posts on it.  

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events