Automation rule to create Epic and Stories (associated to the epic)

Gabriel Viger September 14, 2020

Hello community,

I am trying to figure out how to create an automation rule that creates an Epic and Stories (associated to the epic) in Project A (Jira) using a manual trigger in Project B (Jira Service Desk).

Once the Epic and Stories have been created, I want to link (issue link) the Epic created in Project A to the request in Project B.

So far, I was able to create and link the epic from project A to my request in Project B but I am struggling to create the stories and associate them with the epic.

Thanks for your help!

Gabriel

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2020

Hi Gabriel - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Can you share the rule that you have so far? And let us know exactly where it is not working for you now? 

Hi John, 

Thanks for your quick answer. Here is a snapshot of the rule so far (in attachment)

automation.jpg

So far, I was able to create and link the epic from project A to my request in Project B but I am struggling to create the stories and associate them with the epic.

Thanks again for your help!

Gabriel

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2020

Thank you for sharing the screenshot.  What if you created a second rule that is triggered when the Epic is created. Then you can create the Stories under that rule and link them to the Epic. 

Gabriel Viger September 15, 2020

Hi John,

I was able to create the rule by setting a Global Rule.

Thanks for your help!

Gabriel

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events