Automation "Send web request" component - webhook body custom data panel is locked/uneditable?

Tim C November 27, 2020

Re: Automation for Jira (on cloud)

When adding a new "Send web request" component - I'm trying to put own custom data into the webhook panel.

But the "Custom data*" field isn't available (i.e. can't add or edit panel & it's grayed out).

Any one got any ideas?

6 answers

0 votes
Tim C December 1, 2020

Hi,

Today, it looks like this issue is no longer happening for me - 'custom box' is now editable.

Although there's no change in their support ticket - but I guess someone's done something.

0 votes
Tim C November 30, 2020

Also, someone has helpfully added a very simple workaround for anyone like me who'd be stuck in the interim waiting for Atlassian to resolve this bug - as also included below:

---

daniel.szewczyk added a comment - 3 days ago 

The workaround is to use Inspect tool in your browser, find disabled field and remove 'disabled' flag from the HTML definition of this field:
<textarea rows="10" class="textarea long-field long-field" name="customBody" id="customBody" disabled="">

Field will become disabled again as soon as you start typing anything in this field, so the best way around is to copy-paste the content from a text editor/ notepad when you enable it again.

0 votes
Tim C November 30, 2020

Atlassian have now replied saying that after further investigating this issue - it turns out that this issue is a recently discovered bug on their side. They're already tracking this, and you can access it here.

Can not edit custom payload for webhook in automation rules JRACLOUD-75639

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-75639

0 votes
Tim C November 30, 2020

Hi,

Many thanks to those who've replied.  This issue is still present. 

Thus, I've logged a support ticket with Atlassian.

I'll add any feedback received onto this post for information.

Thanks.

0 votes
Deleted user November 29, 2020

We are having the same issue as well, it worked last week but not today.

0 votes
Imed Ben Hmida November 28, 2020

I'm having the same issue. This worked fine for me in the past (a couple of weeks ago) : I was able to create automations with action "Send Web request" and with custom data. I had no issues at that time.

Today, I've been trying to update custom data for one of those automations I created, but the field is uneditable as @Tim C mentioned. This happens both for editing an exisiting automation or while creating a new one.

I believe this needs to be escalated to Atlassian support.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events