Automation not triggering

Raju Mandapaka February 24, 2021

Hi,

I have set up an automation which will trigger when issue was moved to closed state and update certain fields, but i am sure why this automation is not even been triggering (the problem is only with closed state, if it is IN progress or any other status it is working.

Could any one help me to sort out this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Raju

3 answers

1 vote
Alexander Eck [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2021

I have a very similar problem whereas the automation does not even get fired. Instead I get the error on the screen:

Jira_automation_transition.jpg

1 vote
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2021

Hi @Raju Mandapaka , 

could you please share a screenshot of your automation rule ? It might be because you're not using the exact same status in your trigger as the one on your test project, but we can't know for sure.

Thanks, 

--Alexis

Hi @Alexis Robert 

Here is the automation rule screenshot.

automation 2.PNG

Work flow screen shot:

workflow.PNG

Permission scheme screen shot

permission.PNG

Thanks,

Raju

Raju Mandapaka February 26, 2021

@Alexis Robert  Any update??

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2021

Hi @Raju Mandapaka  - Can you also share the Audit log for that issue when it gets moved to the Closed status?

Hi @John Funk 

Kindly refer attached log.

Issue history:

ThanksHistory log.PNG

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 24, 2021

This is the issue history - I was referring to the Audit Log of the Automation Rule itself. 

That will show if the rule had an error or not. 

Hi @John Funk 

Let me share you complete pic of automation & audit log of that specific automation.

Automation :

automation.PNG

audit log pic

automation1.PNG

Automation it self is not even triggering.

here are the pics of permission scheme.

permission.PNG

Work flow pic:

workflow.PNG

Thanks,

Raju

Hi @John Funk 

Any update please

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 26, 2021

That is really strange that it is not firing at all. Are you sure the rule is active? 

If you simply change this same rule and replace the transitioned to status from Closed to In Progress then it works? 

Yes,

Rule  was active & when i changed trigger rule , instead of any status to closed if i kept it as to any state (except closed) it is working fine.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 26, 2021

I would check to see if there are any conditions or validators on the transitions to Closed in the workflow (or even what post functions might be there. 

Raju Mandapaka March 1, 2021

Hey @John Funk 

Let me share you screen shots on closed transition.

Transitions to closed status:

1.PNG

List or Properties :

2.PNG

List of Conditions:

3.PNG

List of Post Functions:

4.PNG

Other Transition to closed (Resolved to closed):

5.PNG

List of Properties:

6.PNG

List of Conditions :

7.PNG

List of Post Functions :

8.PNG

Thank you,

Expecting a early response from you @John Funk 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 1, 2021

Make sure that the Permission Scheme has this entry for the Resolve Issues and Close Issues permissions:

• Project Role (atlassian-addons-project-access)
Raju Mandapaka March 1, 2021

Hey @John Funk 

All the permission schemes are okay as we expected.

9.PNG

10.PNG

Thanks,

Raju

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 1, 2021

I would add that user directly in the Condition of the transition in the workflow then. 

Select Project Role for the Condition and then add the add-ons role there. 

Alexander Eck [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2021

Hi John,

that does not work. If I do so I am not able to perform any transition anymore.

So there must be some other "bug" there that is preventing the automation being triggered.

BR

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 3, 2021

Make sure that when you add the condition for the add-on user that you change it to be ANY of these and not leave it with ALL of these for the conditions. 

Raju Mandapaka March 4, 2021

Hi

Seems there is a bug on their side & they fixed it, here is the comments from them

"Hi Raju,

Basically, Automation rules were not being fired anymore in case post-function added to transitions was considering any other system event that not "Generic Event".

This is now fixed and in case you're using as a post-function with an Issue Closed event, for example, the rule is expected to work fine again. 

Cheers,"

Thanks,

Raju

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 4, 2021

Great - so it is working for you now? 

Raju Mandapaka March 4, 2021

Yes @John Funk  and thanks your support

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 4, 2021

Very good!  Can you click on the Accept Answer button above so it will close this on out? Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events