Automation for service desk ticket approval

Rachel Miller January 25, 2022

I have various service ticket types, only one is set as the service desk issue type which requires approval, and I have added my approvers to this.  However all these are using the same work flow which is requesting approvers.  

I want to add automation which says if the type is not Resourcing then auto approve.

Setting the If automation rule as below does not work. NB I have redacted project key.

"Customer Request Type" != "Resourcing (OURPROJECTKEY)"

automation rule.PNGrequest types.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2022

Hi Rachel - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Why don't you just create another workflow which doesn't require the approval? You can just copy the existing workflow, remove the approval in the new workflow, and addit to your current workflow scheme (while attaching to the appropriate Issue types). 

Rachel Miller January 27, 2022

We had a workflow without approval already and were looking to add one with approval in some scenarios.  The answer it turns out is there is a save button out of view further down the page!  Saving your automation rules is vital for invoking them lol.

Where as other pages in Jira have the publish button at the top, we hadn't thought to scroll off the page further down when troubleshooting! :-)

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2022

Haha - yes, saving almost always helps  ;-)

Glad you figured it out and have it working!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events