Automation for Jira's limit for number of rules?

Kimi Nakashima November 13, 2019

I inherited the handling of Jira at my new job and it's been an interesting thing to learn as I go. I'm a few months in now and I think I'm finally getting the hang of it.

(Pause for round of applause for the Jira community who have helped a ton)

Inheriting the Jira instance has brought me my fair share of problems, especially since those who set it up weren't any more knowledgeable about it than I was when I started. It's been a lot of clean up and there's still more to go. What I'm concerned about though are the automation rules, specifically the growing number of Automation for Jira rules. I've found a post in the community that said that the # of automation rules you can have tops off at 30 per project. I'm assuming that since Automation for Jira is built off of Jira that this limitation applies to it as well, but I couldn't find anything to confirm that. I don't like to make assumptions, so if anyone can confirm that for me, I'd be eternally grateful.

I also couldn't find anything about a limit on global rules in Automation for Jira? I did see a few posts that advised keeping the number of global rules as small as possible, but nothing that lays out a specific limit.

I'm trying to see if I can lessen the number of rules we have, but the mentality that was embraced before I got a hold of Jira seemed to be if we can't figure out how to get Jira to do what we want, use a rule to get it done. (-_-); If anyone has any advice on how to get a handle on this, I'd love to hear it.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mark Chaimungkalanont
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2019

Hey there Kimi,

There's no rule limit in Automation for Jira, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Let us know if you want anything else clarified

Cheers,

Mark C

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events