Automation for Jira - rule wont trigger if initiated by "Create New SubTask"

Tyga4cash July 17, 2017

Automation for Jira - rule wont trigger if initiated by rule with "Create New SubTask" vs. if I do a straight (not using Automation for Jira) More button then select "Create Sub Task" operation

Have rule where I want something to happen if a new issue is created and the type is a custom sub-task type I created.. (called "OSS Sub Task")... 

In the Rule, using trigger of New Issue Created, if a certain checkmark is set, create the new sub task and add these watchers to the sub task.. 

if i create the sub task manually via the More button, the rule triggers and the watchers are added

if i create the sub task via the AFJ rule, sub-task is created but the part of the rule where the watchers should be added does not trigger

any ideas why?... (seems that via AFJ, new sub task is not seen as such)

1 answer

0 votes
Scott Harwood
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2017

Are you creating the subtask via automation in a seperate rule? In that case you will need to have this checkbox checked.

Allow rule trigger.png

If that is not the case, it is probably best for you to contact us at support, with a screenshot of your configuration & audit log and we can help out.

https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1

Cheers,
Scott.

Tyga4cash July 19, 2017

Thanks a million Scott... that seems to be the trick so far...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events