Automation for Jira: Send notification to reporter only

Lukas Kaspar March 19, 2020

Hey

In our Jira Service Desk cloud instance, I have changed over our automation rules to Automation for Jira, it is working really well so far.

I have a rule set up which prompts the customer for a comment after 5 days of inactivity. The issue is that this notification is sent out to all request participants and not just the reporter.

202003200938626lukask.png

I have had a look at the Comment on issue action, but could not find anything to restrict who the notification is sent to.

image.png

Does anyone have any tips on sending notifications only to the reporter, rather than all request participants?

Cheers

Lukas

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2020

Hi Lukas,

Maybe if you clicked off the box for Share with customer? Because the email is already going to the reporter, they should still get it. 

Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2020

@John Funk , The share with customer option is for  "External Comment' vs "Internal Comment" option in ServiceDesk. 

I am not sure if there is any solution to achieve the mentioned use-case

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 20, 2020

But did you unclick it and try it?

Lukas Kaspar March 22, 2020

Hey @John Funk 

I tried turning off Share with Customer but as @Ajay _view26_ mentioned, this will make an internal comment visible only to agents. It is not shared with the reporter.

image.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2020

Even though you tagged the reporter?

Lukas Kaspar March 23, 2020

Unfortunately tagging will not work because the reporter is a JSD customer only.

0 votes
Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 19, 2020

Hi Lukas,

You will have to modify the Notification Scheme for your project to achieve the use-case.

Screenshot 2020-03-20 at 7.46.19 AM.png

Lukas Kaspar March 19, 2020

Hey Ajay - thank you for your reply.

Can you please elaborate on how I should modify my notification settings. I still want request participants to be notified when a new comment is added. For example when an agent adds a comment, this should be sent to reporter and request participants.

To be clear, I am talking about customer notifications, not agent notifications.

This is the notification scheme for when a public comment is added:

image.png

Is it possible to create a notification scheme to the Automation rule so when it triggers it sends the notification to reporter only but when a public comment is added by a non-automated event, it uses the default one?

To add context - there is no point in notifying all request participants that the issue is sitting in Waiting for Customer. However, the reporter should receive the notification.

Thanks for your help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events