Automation for Jira: Send Web Request Action to Google Sheets

Alex Adland January 24, 2020

Hello,

Is it possible to use the "Send Web Request" action to populate cells / columns within a Google sheet with smart values from Jira fields?

Thanks in advance

Alex

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 27, 2020

Hello Alex,

Thank you for reaching out.

Yes, Google sheets can receive and process HTTP requests into Spreadsheets, once you have properly authenticated the call to update it, as mentioned in the thread below:

Use webhook to PUT data to google sheets? 

Additionally, please make sure to refer to the Google API documentation to know how you can structure your HTTP call to Google sheets:

Updating Spreadsheets - Google Sheets API 

Jira Cloud Webhooks 

Let us know if this information helps.

Alex Adland January 28, 2020

Hi Petter,

We had already found and read those links, however we haven't tried the HTTPS Redirect Library method mentioned in the first link as we wasn't sure if this was the only way to solve the problem.

But seeing all we get at present is authentication errors even with an API_KEY and OAuth 2.0 Token, we'll give the HTTPS Redirect Library a go.

Thanks for the heads up

Alex

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 30, 2020

You are welcome, @Alex Adland

Let us know in case you need any help.

Miroslav Manovic August 4, 2021

Hello @Alex Adland 
Have you managed to sort it out?

Alex Adland August 4, 2021

@Miroslav Manovic  nope we gave up in the end as it was taking too much time to sort, was easier to change our working practices instead

Miroslav Manovic August 4, 2021

@Alex Adland Thanks for the info.

Aditya Satalkar January 3, 2024

Hey @Alex Adland I know this response is a little too late, but have you given IFTTT a shot? They have amazing automations based on triggers! And I just checked they do have JIRA integration as well. Let me know if you're willing to give this a shot as this shouldn't take much of your time. Hope this helps

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events