Automation for Jira Lite - label not applied

Anita Kalmane February 5, 2020

I've created an automation rule to have a new label added to every new issue created in a project SYS, without any extra rules.

The rule is never applied and there are also no logs that it's failing.

I've checked all the permissions, both me and the automation add-on are admins of SYS project and should have rights to edit any story.

Thanks in advance.

Screenshot 2020-02-05 at 09.56.19.png

3 answers

0 votes
Zoey Wang April 28, 2022

One step is missing there... you might need to indicate the issue created scope - in your case, the issue field condition should be narrowed down to Project. 

In the below example, choose your SYS project. It should work then.

Screenshot at Apr 28 19-33-10.png

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2021

Hi Anita,

It appears that for the Labels field you have choses Add new values option instead of Set value option. So, I am thinking that it wants to add a total new Label value that does not exist in your instance.

But in your case, the devops_new value probably already exists as a Label value. So click on the 3 dots menu to the side of the field and select Select value.

Then put in the value of devops_new there and save it. Publish it and then try a test issue. 

0 votes
Veera Palsingh February 22, 2021

Found a solution to this? I'm having similar trouble.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events