Automation for Jira Individual User Evaluation in Multi-User Field

Dorian Workman March 31, 2020

See attached screenshot of a Automation for Jira rule I created. As you can see in the audit log, the last run of this rule sent two emails: one email to the users in the new-calc-test user group and one to the users in the Relationship Manager(s) field on the ticket - the desired result. This worked because none of the users in the Relationship Managers(s) field are in the new-calc-test group. However if at least one of the Relationship Manager(s) is also in the new-calc-test group, the second email is not sent at all. In this case, I want the second email sent to the Relationship Manager(s) who are not in the new-calc-test group. It seems the rule is evaluating all users in the Relationship Manager(s) field, not each user individually, which is what I need.

Can anyone confirm if there is anyway to get the rule to evaluate each user individually in the field?

Thanks.

Updated Issue Created Rule.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dorian Workman April 8, 2020

Per Atlassian tech support this is not possible.  Automation for Jira can only evaluate all users in the field, not individual users.  I was able to take a different approach and use a Scriptrunner script - details here.

0 votes
Dorian Workman April 1, 2020

No-one has any thoughts?  Does anyone from the vendor monitor this forum?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events