Automation for Jira: During a transition I would like to be able to assign a fixVersion.

Justin Koch January 14, 2020

Using Automation for Jira, I am able to set up a transition from when a task is done but I would like for it to be assigned to a fixVersion.  I was attempting to use the Unrelease version.  Not sure if I am going down the correct path. 

I am able to get the transition to trigger, tied to components, and other values but I am unable to get it to add the fixVersion. Pretty sure that I am not using the {{}} correctly or something.  I looked at the documentation but it isn't very clear to me.  I have little to 0 programming experience. 

Anything helps!  Thanks in advance! 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2020

Hello Justin,

Instead of the unrelease version, you should be able to use the Edit Issue option and choose the Fix Versions field to be set. 

fixversion.png

Justin Koch January 14, 2020

That worked for what I needed it to do.  Thank you very much for the quick answer! 

edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2020

Awesome! That’s great to hear. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events