Automation for Jira Cloud (Lite) - Issue Linked to Bug

Lachlan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2019

I want to add a label to a JSD request when it is linked to an issue, but only if the Linked Issue Type is a bug. 

Any suggestions for accomplishing this?

1 answer

0 votes
John McKiernan
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 17, 2019

Hey Lachlan, 

thanks for your message. John from Automation for Jira here. 

This is possible but it takes a little bit of work. I'll show you how the rule might work below. 

Three things to keep in mind. 

1) The rule will change depending on whether you are linking from the bug to the JSD ticket or the JSD ticket to the bug.

2) Needs to be a global rule. 

3) You will be using the linked issue trigger, which can get tricky. We recently published this blog which helps explain things:

https://blog.codebarrel.io/how-to-use-the-linked-issue-trigger-in-automation-for-jira-1616b68c2d6e

Now onto the rule. I have created it as an IF/ELSE rule so you can see both sides. In the 'Edit Issue' action, you simply choose the labels field and put in the label you want. 

image (4).pngimage (5).pnglet me know if you have any troubles with it!

John

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events