Automation for Jira: Change log to log value changed in a check list box

Jeffrey Bistrong
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2020

We are using jira to keep track of which employee has access to which software (and when it was granted/denied - for auditing reasons).

I set up the following comment logic for my automation rule, however, I think it could be a bit confusing to anyone who sees it. 

{{initiator.displayName}} change altered Software Access for an employee at {{now}}

Old Access
{{changelog.Software_Access.fromString}}

New Access
{{changelog.Software_Access.toString}}

It would be ideal, if I can only include only what latest update value was, to make it more easily readable, which access was granted/removed.

It would be even more ideal, if I could have separate comments for "access revoked" and "access granted". I would imagine I would have to do some advanced field compare logic in order to to identify if software was added or removed.

I know all of this is visible in the audit history of a ticket, but my users don't want to have to look through all of that. They want to see it in the comments of a ticket.

Any ideas/suggestions would be helpful (screen shots below)

Software_access.png

access.png

The only documentation I could find was here: https://docs.automationforjira.com/reference/smart-values.html#changelog

And I tried to look for any ideas by using the methodology mentioned here to see the JSONs representation of my issue but no luck: https://docs.automationforjira.com/issues/find-the-correct-smart-value-for-fields-in-jira.html#finding-your-smart-value

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2022

Hi @Jeffrey Bistrong 

On cloud I think that the following:

It would be ideal, if I can only include only what latest update value was, to make it more easily readable, which access was granted/removed.

It would be even more ideal, if I could have separate comments for "access revoked" and "access granted". I would imagine I would have to do some advanced field compare logic in order to to identify if software was added or removed.

You can now achieve this by using:

{{addedfieldChange.values}} to get the values added

and

{{deletedFieldChanged.values}} to get the values deleted

Patrick van der Rijst November 23, 2022

{{deletedFieldChanged.values}} does not seem to work on deleted labels.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events