Automation for JIRA - format description

Uwe Speckels February 17, 2020

Hello community,

Who can give a hint?

I create a sub-task in a project with <Automation for JIRA>. This sub-task is called <project final report>.

Every project leader has to fill out the description of this sub-task with the project status.

The description will be initialized with some project questions. I want to format the lines. Is this possible e.g. with Html - see added example 1/2? Thanks.

0001.jpg0002.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2020

Hi @Uwe Speckels ,

Description field is wiki style render and you need to enter the description value with wiki render text effects.

For example,

*ABC* - ABC 

Please refer below document for Text Formatting Notation Help.

https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/WikiRendererHelpAction.jspa?section=lists

Thanks,

Avinash

Uwe Speckels February 18, 2020

Hi Avinash,

thanks for your hint. That helps me a lot.

But now, I have a special question. Do you know, how checkboxes will be built/created?

Thanks.

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2020

Hi @Uwe Speckels ,

By default you will not be able add the checkboxes in description field. However you can use third party app called Smart Checklist for Jira. Enterprise for using full-screen editor to create big checklists that can be split into groups with headlines.

Thanks,

Avinash

Like # people like this
Uwe Speckels February 18, 2020

Hi Avinash,

I have a last question.

How can I put variable fields e.g. project leader or project start date in the description field?

I have them in access because I copy the fields from the trigger process to the sub-task.

Thanks, in advance.

Uwe

Community Leader
Community Leader
February 18, 2020

HI @Uwe Speckels ,

Can you confirm whether project leader or project start date are custom fields in the project ? If so, {{issue.customfield_10001}} can be used to get the custom field value. 

Please change the custom field id according to your instance.

Please find below document for how to get custom field id's.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-find-id-for-custom-field-s-744522503.html

Thanks,

Avinash

Uwe Speckels February 19, 2020

Hi Avinash,

it's difficult for me -beginner- to design the description field. Could you please give me a hint for the last question?

I want to build a table:

- 1st line is header

- 2nd line has 3 columns under header

I need this table 3 times side-by-side. How does the program code look like? / added example.

Thanks, so much.

Uwe

table.JPG

Like Laken Litton likes this
Uwe Speckels February 19, 2020

Hi Avinash,

concerning the custom field I've seen the id. I inserted it in the description field but I got a wrong description with {{issue...}}. It's a description from another issue.

My fields in the sub-task are coming from the trigger issue. How is it named?

Regards,

Uwe

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events