[Automation for JIRA - XRAY ] Add Test into Plan test for Done Stories when the sprint is completed

Alexandre February 4, 2021

Hi everyone,

I'm new in automation in JIRA, this is my very first script. Long story short,

My expectation : When a sprint is completed (trigger), i would like to add all tests linked to all Done Stories into a Plan test witch have start with the same name. And if the plan test does not exist, create it.

What I did :

• Trigger : Execute only when specific sprint is completed thanks to a regex filter
  • Condition : Test if the plan test exist, if not create it.
  • Loop : Get all story in specific status with a test linked

Screenshot 2021-02-04 at 11.39.09.png

After this point, I am struggle, I don't know how to get each test from each story and put  it into the Plan test (created or already existing).

I am trying to copy ID of linked tests and then paste them into the plan test thanks to the JSON structure.

Another idea :

Shoud start to get all test issues and then find or create the plan test and link them together.

Do you have any advice ?

Thanks a lot for you help - Alex

1 answer

0 votes
Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2021

Hi @Alexandre SALMON 

The relationship between Tests and Test Plan is established using the Xray relations method, so it is only possible to add a Test to a Test Plan using Xray options.

Since currently, Xray does not integrate with Automation providing actions to perform Xray operations, it is not possible to use Automation to perform Xray operations.

Kind regards,
Rogério Paiva [Xray Support Team]

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events