Automation error

Raju Mandapaka February 23, 2021

Hi,

I implemented an automation, where if a user story or bug has been closed a custom field Initial done date should be updated with current date & time ({{now}})

Now for some projects it is working but for some other projects it is not working as expected and throwing an error as below

"Unknown fields set during edit, they may be unavailable for the project/type. Check your custom field configuration. Fields ignored -"

and i clearly observed both the work flows (for both succeeded project & failed project) i found a property different at closed status

For the project which automation is running perfectly - no properties are defined at closed status

For the project which automation failed - a property known as jira.issue.editable as set as false, so i replaced that property with jira.edit.permission.user and a value as my assignee ID and i am admin for the instance and i updated actor for the automation with my name. But it is still throwing same error as mentioned.

Could some one help in this issue

Thanks,

Raju 

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2021

Hi @Raju Mandapaka  - can you just remove the property in the failing project so that it is like the first project? 

If not, check the custom field to make sure that the context for the field includes the project for which it is failing. 

Raju Mandapaka February 24, 2021

Hi @John Funk 

Removing that property leads to all users to edit issues even after they were closed, but it should not like that.

Thanks,

Raju

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2021

Maybe you can do that with Conditions on the workflow transition instead of properties. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events