Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Automation: Notify me on Slack when any user comments on an issues I've commented on previously

I'm wondering if it's possible to notify me on Slack if any user writes a comment on any issue that I've previously commented on?

I believe it can be solved using a smart value list somehow, but I've not used the lists previously and the documentation is not intuitive for me on this topic.

I tried to create a rule where I compared the smart value {{#issue.comments.author.key}} with my a user key, but unsure about the syntax to get my key and the keys of all users who commented.

If anyone have an example it would go a long way!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Aug 20, 2020

Hi Patrick,

An easier thing to set up might be the Jira Cloud for Slack integration that is also built-in to Jira Cloud. You could quickly get that going:

1. Ensure that Jira's autowatch feature is enabled for you in your Personal Settings in Jira (set it to Enabled if you're not sure what the global settings are for your site)
    image.png

2. In Slack, use the /jira notify command to have the Jira Cloud app walk you through setting up personal notifications in Slack:
    image.png

These options are configurable. You'll only need to enable the top option (watching the issue) and can disable the other notifications if you wish.

Hope that helps, and may provide a quicker and cleaner setup than attempting to isolate issues you've commented on through an Automation rule.

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

New Cloud Apps Roundup - Spring 2021

Atlassian's marketplace partners have had a very productive start to 2021! Since our last roundup, our developer community has added over 160 new cloud apps to the Atlassian Marketplace to help you...

231 views 3 20
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you