Automation: Notify me on Slack when any user comments on an issues I've commented on previously

Patrick August 20, 2020

I'm wondering if it's possible to notify me on Slack if any user writes a comment on any issue that I've previously commented on?

I believe it can be solved using a smart value list somehow, but I've not used the lists previously and the documentation is not intuitive for me on this topic.

I tried to create a rule where I compared the smart value {{#issue.comments.author.key}} with my a user key, but unsure about the syntax to get my key and the keys of all users who commented.

If anyone have an example it would go a long way!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 20, 2020

Hi Patrick,

An easier thing to set up might be the Jira Cloud for Slack integration that is also built-in to Jira Cloud. You could quickly get that going:

1. Ensure that Jira's autowatch feature is enabled for you in your Personal Settings in Jira (set it to Enabled if you're not sure what the global settings are for your site)
    image.png

2. In Slack, use the /jira notify command to have the Jira Cloud app walk you through setting up personal notifications in Slack:
    image.png

These options are configurable. You'll only need to enable the top option (watching the issue) and can disable the other notifications if you wish.

Hope that helps, and may provide a quicker and cleaner setup than attempting to isolate issues you've commented on through an Automation rule.

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events