Automation Integration with Slack

vshah July 10, 2020

I have written a scehduled automation rule to send across updates on Slack

I am successfully getting the slack messages with the fields - Key, Assignee and Status.

However Inspite of multiple trials I am unable to get the summary field and Priority.

I have tried different syntax of Smart value for Summary and Priority but unable to get them in the Slack message

Also the audit log shows "Success" everytime

Can I get some help here ?

12.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2020

Hi @vshah ,

try this, please:

{{#lookupIssues}}
<{{url}}|{{key}}> - {{assignee.displayName}} - {{status.name}} - {{summary}} - {{fields.priority.name}}
{{/}}

I've just tested it and it worked for me.

vshah July 11, 2020

Thanks Hana,

Working for Summary

Not working for Priority.

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2020

Hi @vshah ,

I've searched and tested it a little bit more and found out, that priority is not supported yet, see https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/automation-actions/ and section Lookup issues.

The reason, why this worked for me, was, that I've tested it using manual trigger and the priority was taken from the triggered issue. I apologize for the confusion.

vshah July 12, 2020

Ok , that explains a lot. Thanks

Just one more thing - in the documentation it says it supports issue type 

{{issue.issueType}} , however this syntax is not supported. Any idea whats the smart value for issue type ?

sreuter
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 12, 2020

@vshah Could you try this instead?

{{issue.issueType.name}}
vshah July 12, 2020

@sreuter 

{{issue.issueType.name}}

This is not working as well. Thanks

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 12, 2020

Hi @vshah ,

I've tested several possibilities and it seems to me, that issueType is not working :-(.

vshah July 13, 2020

@Hana Kučerová  Thanks. So what do we do now ? How to report this to Jira team ?

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 17, 2020

Hi @vshah ,

if you work with paid instance of Jira, it would be the best to create an issue at https://support.atlassian.com/contact.

It is not so, that I don't want to help you with this, but my instance si free and there is no support for it.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events