Automation If multiple transitions on one item

Arturs Kalnins September 29, 2021

Hi Team! 

We have a status Triage. Triage has 4 (send to team yellow/ send to team red/ send to team blue/ send to team product)  transitions to one status (project work)

I'm trying to write an automation task for this particular case that IF Send to team red transition is used then make some changes (such as change issue type, change some additional fields, etc) However JIra automation only allows to specify that IF changed FROM triage TO Project work THEN execute the actions. Is there a way to point to automation to look at this specific transition? 
image.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2021

Hi Arturs,

What happens when you execute each transition? Are you setting some kind of value? If so, then you can use that value for the condition. 

we have separate teams (as an example we have a field "teams" and each board is separated by this field value) So the idea is to execute this transition (example send to team red) and instantly automation is executing a couple of rules (change the field of teams to red, notify slack, etc) 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2021

How are you actually setting this value? Is it a field? Assignee? etc. 

It is a dropdown field (but there are other things that need to be changed) we have a separate tracking of bugs (for instance Support bugs is one issue type AND teams, such a team red, has separate issue type of Project bug) So moving issue to another type is one of the things I need to do out of this automation 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 29, 2021

Then you can create an automation rule with a trigger on Field value change. 

Then add a condition if the value is Red Team, then add an action for Edit issue and set the values for the fields. 

Oh so I change it on a transition level within the workflow and then based on that I create automation. That should work. Thank you @John Funk 

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 29, 2021

Yes!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events