Automation - Error when selecting particular Active Sprint

Nate Lamb August 7, 2020

I am trying to set up an automation in service desk that will automatically place the tickets into the active sprint. However, when I select the sprint and then try to publish the rule I get and error (below screenshot), any idea what could cause that?

Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 4.39.20 PM.png

2 answers

0 votes
Nate Lamb August 10, 2020

@Stephen Wright _Elabor8_  Thanks for the response...  it is not very complicated... I am just wanting this particular service desk project to automatically go into the Active sprint when an issue is created... I can do this with other Sprint, but for some reason with this sprint it errors... Yeah I will probably have to submit a ticket to support... 

Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 12.32.57 PM.png

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2020

Hi @Nate Lamb 

One thing you could check is whether the project(s) behind this board/sprint have provided the role "atlassian-addons-project-access" to the right permissions.

Automation for Jira still utilises this role to activate its permissions - without it, it wouldn't have access to modify the sprint.

To check this as a Project Admin:

1. Go to Project Settings > Permissions
  2. Check the Project Role "atlassian-addons-project-access" has access to these permissions - Browse Projects, Schedule Issues, Edit Issues
  3. If not, as a Jira Admin you can press Actions > Edit Permissions to resolve this

Ste

Nate Lamb August 11, 2020

Hi @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_

Thanks, I just checked and it is. I wonder if it deal with the fact that this board is not a project specific board but one built off of a JQL filter and it doe not specify a particular project... 

nate

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2020

Hi @Nate Lamb 

If this still doesn't work, I would consider following the direction from the error message and contacting support via https://support.atlassian.com/ for more assistance :)

Ste

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 7, 2020

Hi @Nate Lamb 

What is the rest of the automation rule above the action?

I tried a simple recreation with a trigger for this action, and it worked fine for me.

Have you tried giving it a little time or logging out/in? If it has been sometime and it isn't working, I would advise contacting https://support.atlassian.com/ :)

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events