Automation: Due date to be changed another field item

Felicia Rodrigues March 25, 2022

Hi,

I am going to try and explain this in the best way possible. Please bear with me :D 

I am working  on an automation for a task where if the requester chooses 'Yes' another issue will be created. In both the parent issue and the one that gets created there's a field called "Date of Removal" and I want that to also become the due date of the newly created issue. 
The latter is not a subtask but a brand new task that gets created. That part works and the issue is created but the due date won't change. 

I've tried some different variants but can't seem to get it to work. 

image.png

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2022

Hi @Felicia Rodrigues 

Can I clarify...

• These Issues aren't in a parent/child relationship - they're siblings (eg. 2 Tasks)
  • The field Date of Removal should become the Due Date in the second task?

If this is correct - this is how to do it:

• Trigger: Issue Created
  • Condition: Issue Fields Condition - Removal equals Yes
  • Action: Create Issue
    • Set Field: Due Date - {{triggerissue.Date of Removal}}

The Smart Value above references the trigger Issue (i.e the first Issue created) - and its Date of Removal field's entry.

The alternative is to set the Action as...

• Action: Create Issue
    • Set Field: Choose Copy From from the 3-dots options icon, and set it to...
      • Copy From: Trigger Issue
      • Field: Date of Removal

Ste

0 votes
Felicia Rodrigues March 25, 2022

I DID IT! 

I solved it by adding an action to edit the field and copying it from current issue "Date of removal"image (1).png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events