Automation - Can I limit the scope of an automation to a specific project category

Sarah Moorman September 7, 2021

Is there a way to limit the scope of an automation to a specific project category instead of having to select all projects to use said automation?

At present, I've only seen the options: Single Project, Multiple Projects, and All Projects. The 'Multiple Projects' option is useful until there are more than 20 projects. Is there a simpler way to assign more than 20 projects to an automation without having to manually add each one (i.e. via project category)?

2 answers

0 votes
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2021

As John mentioned, there is no such option. However, as an alternative, wouldn't a JQL condition be an option to narrow the scope of your rule? You can have all projects in the scope and a JQL condition like category = "Alphabet Projects".

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2021

Hi Sarah,

Unfortunately no, there is no way to do that without adding each project. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events